No News

Poll

What do you think about this?

I already got GMOD and I'm in.
I already got GMOD and I'm interested.
I already got GMOD but I'm not sure.
I don't have GMOD and I'm not sure.
I don't have GMOD but I'm interested.
This is a bad idea !! (because "..." - please leave a comment/post)

Author Topic: Something's gotta happen  (Read 739 times)

Offline |NotD| Anathol

• Community Leader
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Something's gotta happen
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:42:39 am »
As we all should have noticed, the servers (if they are running at all) got quite lonely and the forum is deserted. Right now there are only 2 CSS servers on, and CSS is the dying one of the counter strikes. If I'm not wrong JZ is pretty busy in real life and I hope he is doing well. So our coding mind and server maintenance is out of service (pun intended).

Let's sum up with a presidential quote: NOT GOOD.

Personally I don't want to give up but my coding skills are mainly limited to console bindings in CSS. So I can only provide ideas - no solutions.
One of those ideas is to extend our game foundation. A game would be good, that is:

• quite cheap
  • hl-engine-based
  • has multible game options (mods, ...)
  • non-competitive
  • low ressource demands

So one game came to my mind: GARRY'S MOD

We could do some usual trashtalk, be creative and build some BS, mess up with each other/bots.
So many possibilities. No need for a 100 tick server, no dedicated server (I think).

Please let me/us know what you think about this: Pros/Cons, ideas, experiences, suggestions, warnings, ...
This might be our last chance if I see the donations inflow.
Birthdays are good for your health. Statistically the more birthdays you have, the longer you live.

Offline Da Manager

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Something's gotta happen
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »
Ok, I am gonna revamp my comment since I have some time right now. Overall it sounds like a good idea. I am personally not a programmer but a model maker, so I am not sure how hard it would be to code a server into an RPG style gameplay. But this is a good idea, and I would personally love to do this. I know that the models used right now on the servers originally came from GMOD (if I am not mistaken, correct me if I am) so we would be able to reuse them.I am not sure about the size of teams, how would that work? Also, it would be an interesting concept to have 2 teams of player-controlled, so that it will be PVP, one zombie, another human. This would make more space for more people to play, and have fun. On a side note, a number of people or AI per team is something else we would have to figure out. Also, the guns and weapons. I am positive, that the indigenous coders will be able to make it so that the abilities will work, but what about the gun system?

I am going to have to go now, and I'll finish this comment later, but those are my thoughts on it for now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:13:45 pm by Da Manager »
<The Sea>
Life is a rise on a ship
The ship goes up and down
Yet the Sea carries the ship
So in the end, who is the true master of life?
The ship, or the sea?

It is a brutal thing. And most can agree
That without it, none would ever be.

It is a caretaker, a beginning, a start
We all came from the sea, and we will are return.

I do not know when, but I do this
I will join my brothers in arm's, in the sea.

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
  • NotD Developer, Admin, and Owner
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 11:31:37 pm »
Server are coming back we are fixing the plugins as i speak

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline |NotD| JZServices

• Developer
  • Infected
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:41:13 am »
CSGO is back.... few fixes I can do.  I will have some free time but not much in the next weeks then I should have some more after then.

Fix hud not updating after combo period expires.
Fix hud displaying incorrect max cade amount
Re-enlist the GO server with gametracker

so... for all of your entertainment needs

connect gorpg.notdcommunity.com

in the console

Offline |NotD| Anathol

• Community Leader
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:16:39 pm »
Since obviously no one gives a damn...
Birthdays are good for your health. Statistically the more birthdays you have, the longer you live.