No News

Author Topic: NotD Is Closing Its Doors  (Read 3664 times)

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
  • NotD Developer, Admin, and Owner
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
NotD Is Closing Its Doors
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:32:30 am »
...for now Unfortunately NotD has officially run out of funds to keep our servers running. I would like to thank everyone that has played with us over these last 10+ years and to everyone that I have had the pleasure of playing with in my almost 8 years with NotD. Unfortunately due to personal issues and the slowly falling amount of active players I no longer have the means to support the servers myself. This will be our last month of running servers. We have been around for a while and it is sad to see it go, and again thank you to everyone for making notd what it has become. The community has been through a lot but always managed to pull through, But this time i believe we have lost too many of the people who kept it running. As some of you know our lead developer had to leave due to personal health issues, and doom and myself have just not been very active in supporting the community.

So what happens next?
I will begin backing up all notd data. including everyone's rpg stats and store items. I will also be migrating the website and all data to my own server in order to keep the forums running for the foreseeable future, so feel free to drop by and say hi. The servers may be down but I will keep the community running. Sabin has stepped in to fill the developer roll and has done a terrific job in the past few weeks keeping the servers running and improving the user experience and I will probably work with him some more to see if the plugins can further be improved. With that being said I will look into possibly bringing at least one of the servers back, possibly under a new name as I am working on another community with a friend of mine. So keep your eyes peeled

So again Thanks everyone it was fun
-Wooki3

PS. THE WEBSITE WILL REMAIN UP! Please stay on here for any news related to the community or you know just to hang out like it used to be.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:31:34 am by |NotD| Wooki3 »

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline dondki114

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: NotD Is Closing Its Doors
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 01:09:26 am »
!Voteban Wooki3 permanently "not cool!"

Im very dissapointed with night of the dildos being shut  down soon.
MAYBE im not the one to be speaking / typing about this situation.
OR
Perhaps I will open some new doors before they slam on my face.
What could i possibly help with to keep US alive ?????????????????
This is the first FUN server i experienced endless fun on.
Ive been playing camper strike for ages since Sierra games 1.3. BEFORE STEAM.
The devs need to reunite....
create new suggestions...
FUN deathmatch server ???
STRICT 24/7 dust2 server ???
SURFING USA server ???
throw a beer pong party?... 
I can advertise and spam other servers too help get us new players
If our enemy servers try banning me from any server. it wont help i have 2 accounts
Im going to bring players to NOTD wether you like or not.
Let me host a server i have some little skills, & equipment too run servers. ASK ME anything.
#foreseeable future 2018
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:16:25 am by dondki114 »

Offline |NotD| Sabin

• Community Leader
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:16:55 am »
Sorry to hear it. I'll do what i can to keep the lights on till the doors close. Good Game.
He who has why to live, can bear almost any how.

Offline dondki114

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »
i shall get a hold of valve stock holders about this and going to sue notd admins for emotional distress purposes.

Offline Bob The 3RD

• Tobias Green
  • Infected
  • Welcome to the forum and have fun in the servers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:00:05 am »
Fuck man, my heart hurts to see this happen. I spent many years here. I spent almost seven years here. 2017 is my year for everything to end. Hopes and dreams lost. At least, for me, there was period between the old part and the new part of the clan. I think I liked the new part better. I could tell that we mostly made a come back after what happened. By the time mid-2016 rolled around I could tell that NOTD was stagnant and then after I left, I felt a moment of "This is the end of NOTD." Rest in peace. One day we'll see NOTD rise again and then we'll be victorious. Until that time, rest easy NOTD.
[SM] ADMIN: Kicked |NotD| Dr.Nick
Player |NotD| Dr.Nick left the game (Kicked by administrator)
#rekt

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:14:42 am »
you cant kill the undead bob

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline somarw

• Initiate
  • just will
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »
It's been fun, i played this YEARS ago, and came back. Then the CSGO server went down...so sad to see it go. Good luck everyone!
:)

Offline Bob The 3RD

• Tobias Green
  • Infected
  • Welcome to the forum and have fun in the servers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 07:20:42 am »
you cant kill the undead bob

Sure you can! One shot to the head will do the trick!  ;D ;D
[SM] ADMIN: Kicked |NotD| Dr.Nick
Player |NotD| Dr.Nick left the game (Kicked by administrator)
#rekt

Offline Mominator

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 08:37:02 am »
Im so sorry, this sucks. We had a great time last week getting a bunch of the regs in zh and laffin our asses off.

Good job wookie and all for keeping it up and going this long!
Take care all and try and stay connected with each other

<3

Offline |NotD| Anathol

• Community Leader
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 05:35:49 pm »
Sorry to hear that. I really am.
But let's be honest, we all kinda could see it coming. CS:S - as the foundation of this community - is dying. And, for what I could hear by others, CS:GO (that scamming, inflating, wallet raping pile of steaming guano) couldn't fill the loses. And I think it never could.
************************************************************ RAGE SECTION ************************************************************ CS:GO was never Valve's lovechild, it was that little stinky brat that you "get" for tax purposes and/or partner binding so you don't have to lift your fat ass off the couch and earn your money. CS:S has/had a solid community to make skripts/mods/maps/... Best example (in my opinion) is Zombie Escape. Map creators spend 1000s (!!) of hours for a single map, making skripts/models/level design (and yea - maps can have levels and bosses). I haven't heard of a similar engagement in the "better CS". Quite the opposite. Even though CS:GO has the same engine (new, huh??), it's just not compatible to most of the content that made CS:S so great.
All it has is that shitty matchmaking nightmare and the overpriced model textures you can fap to in your basement. Bloody TF2 rip off to ruin THE FPS game. Who wants hats right?? We have knifes. Not enough money scammed from the players?? Let's sell them gloves!!! We had that for years - for free - by downloading the stuff we wanted on sites like fpsbanana. Don't like it anymore?? Delete and replace. Not even starting with that LMG nonsense they came up recently...
I really hate CS:GO. I loathe it from the bottom of my heart. If only Valve had done a decent job makeing a real and decent CS sequel...
************************************************************ RAGE SECTION ************************************************************
The community depends on fun and creativity, not just giving new skins and call it new. Too bad we didn't have a game we could enjoy again. I tried to get people interested in gmod, so we could do some bullshit together. But no significant response.

Bottom line: We had a good time. But: No money is the bank. Let's move on let the Zombonies starve - for now.

PS: FUCK YOU CS:GO
Birthdays are good for your health. Statistically the more birthdays you have, the longer you live.

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 10:06:16 pm »
as i said with bob you cant kill the undead, I cannot just let the community die out because also there are only a few of us active players from the "good ol days" we still like to have a place to chill. NotD the name might not come back but the spirit of notd will live on else where, DG has been super graceful and has offered to pay all of our bills but i dont feel thats best or the right thing to do.
All im saying is. Server are gone site is not nor will it be. We can still all chill and converse here and keep your eyes peeled, you might see the son of NotD around eventually

also anathol get with me on Gmod plox

thanks sikk for the sigs

Offline Osage

• Initiate
  • The NotD metalhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 06:50:03 pm »
What is the cost of keeping the server(s) running? Would some kind of recurring donation I.E. Patreon be a possibility? If everyone chipped in a few bucks a month, maybe that would help.

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 07:07:25 pm »
well i was hoping that would be what the donation button would be used for. But as said earlier both Doom and I enjoy the community but have just not had the time or effort to work on the servers and be active. If there really is enough interest in the servers and if we can get players im not opposed to getting some servers running on a possibly cheaper dedi and then assigning others to lead the community. As said before i am only closing the servers and could reopen in the future, i will keep the site running

also before someone says. reason i like the paypal button. everything is automatic. Store credits, bill payments, etc.

thanks sikk for the sigs

Offline Sikk

• Head Hunter
  • Me Gusta
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 04:24:02 am »
Man... after all these years I still find myself checking on this site every few weeks believe it or not. I don't know why I do but this community definitely holds something dear.

Although NotD is long passed for me, the memories left behind will always live on. Much props to you guys for holding up for so long and of course my thanks for all the memories.

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 05:23:20 pm »
I just want to say thanks to everyone for their kind words and i think that sikk sums its up the best

Man... after all these years I still find myself checking on this site every few weeks believe it or not. I don't know why I do but this community definitely holds something dear.
For many of us NotD is where we started, it was literally the first server I ever played, and after many years the constant habit of checking the forums has just become ingrained in my everyday life (which is why im keeping the site up). But for many of us notd was a way of life. Some of the best people i have ever met and some of my longest lasting friends have come from NotD. And this is why notd will continue to live on. The people check that site every few weeks/days are what keep (what little of) notd alive.

thanks sikk for the sigs