No News

Author Topic: NotD Is Closing Its Doors  (Read 3665 times)

Offline |NotD| Dr.Nick

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: NotD Is Closing Its Doors
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 08:22:50 pm »
I think I have been in this community for a good 9 years now and it was the first time I decided to join a clan since I was always a loan ranger. NMK was the one who recruited me into the community, sorrow was the one who got my started as a admin. After a year or dedication Localhost decided to keep me as a lead admin. Shout out to who made my want to stay in the community: Localhost, shadowofdeath, named, sorrow and mominator.
It's sad to see the servers go again. The community was there for me when my ex wife left me, servers helped me keep busy to get my mind of things. I remember when the original (NotD) went down though. Everyone still remained close and talking to each other. Thank you Wooki3 for bringing back the old days and keeping them alive. I myself haven't had time as much as I use too for playing. We all now have our real life things to do, many of the original founders haven't been seen for years. 

Offline |NotD| Dr_seuss

• |NotD| Member
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 03:33:48 pm »
well, even tho I haven't been around in like.... a while.... sad to see the server go, I have been in there a few times last months all by my self :) overjoyed with my levels still being there :) and now I went to check the forum and the server is closed... sad to see!

Altho I understand the fact you guys can't keep going on something that is "sinking" tbh. but hope to see a new server soon :) Best wishes to all of you!
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?!

Offline crunchie

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 09:25:19 pm »
Sorry to read about this (late). It's been a blast player on NotD servers and huge thanks to all who put in the effort to keep it running. $$ donations are just one part of it, the people make the community. Thanks for growing and keeping a great one.

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
  • NotD Developer, Admin, and Owner
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 06:06:39 pm »
Site is now back up in its more or less permanent home, Most functionality will remain. Shoutbox and servers list will be removed along with the donations

edit, keeping the shoutbox
edit, nvm its being stupid
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:10:14 pm by |NotD| Wooki3 »

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline |NotD| Doom8824

• Crazy mofo
  • Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 04:00:58 am »
    Well I'm really late to the reply but wanted to think a bit before I put how I felt into a post. Overall this community was a family to me, all the people I met through out the years from this community was an enjoyable experience forsure.

I have to say after meeting sorrow back in the day I knew I wanted to become a member of this community and put in the application (right before it became invite only). After rising through the ranks and being apart of the team I knew we had a good thing going. Of course after a lot of drama happened internally and externally I decided to leave the community as a whole to take a break. I honestly do regret doing that but at the time I did not know if I wanted to be apart of NotD any longer. But damn it I still lurked on the forums and became apart of the stupid minecraft server of NotD. Truth be told I still loved this damn community and could not leave it after all.

So as wookie and I ran the minecraft section of NotD I sadly watched the major loss, that being localhost stepping down and passing the torch. At first I had hope but after the amount of hands the leadership jumped and the escalating drama I knew that what would come is only an uphill battle. And so NotD fell without anyone to hold it up, or so we thought. Wookie came to me and proposed we bring NotD back, wipe the past and move forward, so we did.

Won't lie at first everything was going good, everyone was dedicated to make NotD great again and the funding just started rolling in to help keep the doors open. But as time went on we lost a lot of our people and moral fell, on top of that many of our administrators got busy with life and were unable to maintain what we had. Sad way to go but maybe it's for the best.

Overall I will miss the old days we had in NotD, they were great and we had a tight family going on. I didn't lose the friends I made from this community so I will hold onto that. Thanks everyone for all the support through our past and our revival, it was a blast.

P.S. Shoutbox or riot.

Offline Da Manager

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 06:19:16 pm »
Well, strange, but for some reason, I still visit this servers forum. This is Dan talking, the older brother. Now, how much would it cost for 1 year of up time for all servers? Don't give me bull, just answer.
<The Sea>
Life is a rise on a ship
The ship goes up and down
Yet the Sea carries the ship
So in the end, who is the true master of life?
The ship, or the sea?

It is a brutal thing. And most can agree
That without it, none would ever be.

It is a caretaker, a beginning, a start
We all came from the sea, and we will are return.

I do not know when, but I do this
I will join my brothers in arm's, in the sea.

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
  • NotD Developer, Admin, and Owner
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 05:53:15 pm »
Well, strange, but for some reason, I still visit this servers forum. This is Dan talking, the older brother. Now, how much would it cost for 1 year of up time for all servers? Don't give me bull, just answer.

Multiple factors that go into this but a rough estimate is around 20-30$/month to run the server how we would want to... BUT the servers are not coming back. Most of us that were responsible for running the servers just dont have the drive anymore. The servers will never be how we want to the be again. The games have changed too much there is no more community. not to mention we dont have our lead dev anymore, Doom is gone for school, and I dont have the effort to run the servers anymore

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline |NotD| Doom8824

• Crazy mofo
  • Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 02:23:10 am »
P.S. Shoutbox or riot.
Well still no shoutbox, time to riot. On the bright side just put up our discord so if anyone wants to go there to chat you are welcome.

Offline |NotD| Anathol

• Community Leader
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 12:52:16 am »
RIOT !!! - But with style... 8)

Birthdays are good for your health. Statistically the more birthdays you have, the longer you live.