No News

Author Topic: New Class.  (Read 881 times)

Offline Tatsuo Yamaguchi

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s897-e3OtNU/UZOTCR7kC1I/AAAAAAAAAMo/MBmRBaUgTr0/s1600/d14.png
New Class.
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:59:29 pm »
  A new class such as the Summoner would be an awesome addition to the game.
Summoner- Summons zombies to fight by his side, only uses a knife no other weapons.
  Skills- Vampire, HP and DMG boost, Long Jump, and increase of either zombie summons or zombie dmg     changing skin to different types of zombies (Head Crab, Basic Zom, Chainsaw, Ect.)
  This would add more classes into the mix and i'm sure people would enjoy the Summoner.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:00:47 pm by Tatsuo Yamaguchi »

Offline |NotD| Hostile

• Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
Re: New Class.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:17:40 pm »
This would be a fun class, but I don't remember if we tried this one years back and had some issues.

Main problem I can see is when summoning the "pet" as it would require a spawn slot on the Human team. And if the team is full, the summon skill would have to change the total amount of players on the Human team +1. So access to the basic structure of the game. While this wouldn't be to bad at first, it could get out of control real quick. Say we have 12 players on a map change. 4 of them are summoners and spawn their pets as soon as the round starts. The CT team would now be considered full and any new players would get the message "All Teams Full" hence they would be stuck in spec. Also say the CT is full of live players and half (8) are summoners. Doing their pets would force the server to add 8 more slots to the CT team so it would now be a max of 24. And this would change everytime a pet dies.

Offline |NotD| Doom8824

• Crazy mofo
  • Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:46:46 pm »
While I am interested to hear what kind of classes people will come up with, I feel this one is a no go. Spawning more npcs can create complications server wise. While I don't get to decide whether this class will make it or not, I would not count on it. But thank you for the suggestion.

Offline Skeptical

• Initiate
  • The Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 11:56:18 pm »
As good and planned as it sounds. Unfortunately It would change the tides of the game and cause uneven balance in ways for this short # Player server..

Its like a Ninja Class judging by the similarity in Stats but replacing the Throwing Knives with a Unique spawning ability. :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:05:11 am by |NotD-R| Skeptical »
Alias : Skeptical, Atreke

Offline |NotD| JZServices

• Developer
  • Infected
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 11:58:49 pm »
we had similar ideas where a person would take control of a zombie (switch them to ct) to fight for them, but like doom says then bot quota etc gets complicated

Offline Tatsuo Yamaguchi

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s897-e3OtNU/UZOTCR7kC1I/AAAAAAAAAMo/MBmRBaUgTr0/s1600/d14.png
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 05:06:59 am »
  What about like a Morphing type thing where you become a zombie class basicly so u get unique skills increased hp but lower dmg, lower hp higher speed and increased dmg ect. and you would have to increase the skill to get other kinds of zombie morphs.

Offline |NotD| Hostile

• Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 09:21:56 am »
Deleted my reply By Me as I noticed this was in the classic server thread. And too many changes here would affect the Run & Gun style. Reposting what I had intended here up at the RPG suggestions thread.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:26:15 am by |NotD| Hostile »