No News

Author Topic: Ban Reports Suggestion , Ban Report / Appeal archives Other suggestions  (Read 1069 times)

Offline TheAlphaDogs09

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Instead of having just ban requests why not have

Report Discussion or something along them lines where people can discuss the report

Report Discussion
Open forum for questions and debate about rule breaking and reports.

And another forum area where if the person reporting it decides to actually go threw with the report then it can be discussed by the admins and no one else.

So in short

Discussion if the OP wishes the go threw with the report it becomes an admin report and no one but the admins , Person that is being reported and the OP can post on it ?

Once the report is solved it can be closed and put in a report Archive ?

Ban Report / Appeal Archive

instead of deleting and hiding away so no one can see why not keep them open for the public to see but not post on so the public knows what has been reported in the past and people know if someone is rule breaking or just joking?

Anyway just a suggestion never been good with suggestions :D

Other Suggestions :

Instead of having the chat box why not have a tab at the top right which lets people talk threw that and request help

i think the program is called Quakenet IRC or something   for short it is called IRC which allows you to do the same as the shout box but can actually message people while they are on it instead of saying what you need to say out loud ?

Thanks for reading

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
  • NotD Developer, Admin, and Owner
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
Re: Ban Reports Suggestion , Ban Report / Appeal archives Other suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:29:08 pm »
like this will definitely look into it in a bit

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline TheAlphaDogs09

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 04:17:12 pm »
Aww yea first suggestion good suggestion

another suggestion :

A bug problems thread somewhere so people can post about bugs and stuff so you can look into the problems :)

and a questions thread so people can post asking questions about the forums , clan and servers ect... if you get what i mean?

and maybe troubleshooting part so people can post asking for help for the servers and stuff

Sorry but I've been thinking for 1 and a half years :D

And if someone has already suggested something or asked a question about it maybe tell them to use the search function and find the question or something nicer along them lines ?

Maybe you could make the website so it shows up on the top left or top right the tabs for the teamspeak and servers instead of having them on the right like little squares with the names on the like a square with TS in it or something cool like that

and maybe have a thread with the TS IP and the Game servers IP and stuff so people can copy and paste them into there server browser and shizzle

anyway thanks for reading again
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:29:15 pm by CptReecePilm »

Offline |NotD| Wooki3

• Global Moderator
  • Infected
  • NotD Developer, Admin, and Owner
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Is A Lie
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »
Aww yea first suggestion good suggestion

another suggestion :

A bug problems thread somewhere so people can post about bugs and stuff so you can look into the problems :)

and a questions thread so people can post asking questions about the forums , clan and servers ect... if you get what i mean?
already planned

thanks sikk for the sigs
Need a place for your images/files, check out my uploader http://upload.thecakeisa.li

Offline TheAlphaDogs09

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:17:30 pm »
I have some good but weird suggestions

another suggestion clan applications

i wanna suggest for this that when applications for the clan have been accepted or denied or is awaiting review it says infront of the app it says

[Awaiting Review]
[Accepted As NotD-R]
[Accepted As NotD]
[Denied]

and the accepted and the ones that are awaiting reviewal people can post there views and opinions and once there have been once that have been accepted or denied there can be clan archives for them for people to view that are applying and are looking for help to get there application going

if you agree

also maybe a trading side of the forums so people can trade / sell games on steam they don't want or items they are looking for could be tf2 items or just steam games cards ... Up to you guys
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:40:06 am by CptReecePilm »

Offline |NotD| Doom8824

• Crazy mofo
  • Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 12:55:08 am »

i wanna suggest for this that when applications for the clan have been accepted or denied or is awaiting review it says infront of the app it says

[Awaiting Review]
[Accepted As NotD-R]
[Accepted As NotD]
[Denied]

and the accepted and the ones that are awaiting reviewal people can post there views and opinions and once there have been once that have been accepted or denied there can be clan archives for them for people to view that are applying and are looking for help to get there application going
Well applications are not going to be our official way of handling recruitment, it's going to be changed shortly and will be explained once it is done.
also maybe a trading side of the forums so people can trade / sell games on steam they don't want or items they are looking for could be tf2 items or just steam games cards ... Up to you guys

I will definitely consider that.

Offline TheAlphaDogs09

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 12:57:00 am »

[Awaiting Review]
[Accepted As NotD-R]
[Accepted As NotD]
[Denied]

Well applications are not going to be our official way of handling recruitment, it's going to be changed shortly and will be explained once it is done.

I will definitely consider that.

ah ok so for now the applications are like that just for ex-notd members :)

Offline |NotD| JZServices

• Developer
  • Infected
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 07:03:26 pm »
Instead of having just ban requests why not have

Report Discussion or something along them lines where people can discuss the report

Report Discussion
Open forum for questions and debate about rule breaking and reports.

And another forum area where if the person reporting it decides to actually go threw with the report then it can be discussed by the admins and no one else.

So in short

Discussion if the OP wishes the go threw with the report it becomes an admin report and no one but the admins , Person that is being reported and the OP can post on it ?

Once the report is solved it can be closed and put in a report Archive ?

Ban Report / Appeal Archive

instead of deleting and hiding away so no one can see why not keep them open for the public to see but not post on so the public knows what has been reported in the past and people know if someone is rule breaking or just joking?

Anyway just a suggestion never been good with suggestions :D

Other Suggestions :

Instead of having the chat box why not have a tab at the top right which lets people talk threw that and request help

i think the program is called Quakenet IRC or something   for short it is called IRC which allows you to do the same as the shout box but can actually message people while they are on it instead of saying what you need to say out loud ?

Thanks for reading

1. Why have discussion on bans when the reporting person doesn't want to ban the person?
2. We used to do something very similar.  All bans/ban appeals were viewable from all users and were generally locked after a resolution had been made.  Reports were not made when the ban is done in game. (that would have been lots of work for the banning admins)
3. I dont want an IRC server.  IRC's legacy network was the backbone of all communications in the underground because it was protected by the DMCA (which is no longer protected).  We have many forms of discussion if you do not want to post items for everyone to see.
>Join us on teamspeak and send a message directly to the person you want to message.
>Send a PM through the forum.
>Message someone on steam.

IRC would be a redundant communication system that all the features we utilize are built into teamspeak.  And by the way, then we would need setup servers - or if hosting on public servers risk the hoards of the underground coming in.