No News

Author Topic: Talk about new server idea: ze rpg  (Read 5245 times)

Offline |NotD| C0d3.Drrk

• Infected
    • View Profile
Talk about new server idea: ze rpg
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:23:59 am »
What about the idea of a ze server with the RPG aspect.

Rough idea:

Menu - As Zombie
Choose skin to spawn as.
Select class with abilities.
Upgrade.
Downgrade.

Upgrade System
Zombie experience points are for turning humans into zombies.
Skill points are earned as you level and can be spent on upgrades.

Classes/Upgrades - Zombies
Smoker - Name says it all guys (upgrades a tongue ability that is manually fired with the right click.)
Hunter - (or a new name) Has a speed upgrade
Predator - Opacity of model is lowered to provide stealth.
**Note Each class does not have a specific model**

Humans
4 classes for humans that would provide the following skills:

knockback increase
increased ammo clip
speed
gravity adjustment
freeze nades
fire nades
slow speed nades

well this is it for now, got shit to do,... please any feadback is welcome yay, nay, or changes?

Offline November Eleventh

• Survivor
  • Glory to the first man to die.
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about new server idea: ze rpg
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:26:48 am »
The imbalance to new players is spreading.....

Offline |NotD| C0d3.Drrk

• Infected
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:22:10 pm »
So nay by you...

I wasn't going to be making any of the skills op, just a subtle hint

Offline Sikk

• Head Hunter
  • Me Gusta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:19:40 pm »
I think it would be pretty cool. And a new idea will always need balancing, it's just a matter of trying it first to pick out the imbalanced things and changing them. Kinda like a beta. The only issue is can we guarantee it will be worth the time considering we still have to populate it first?

Offline Princess

• Survivor
  • ~Goddess Tsundereia, Eternal Princess.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 03:46:35 pm »
I kinda like the idea, and of course it would need balancing like anything else. Just need to test it, basically. I mean, the imbalance of zhell would be hard to match so no use complaining about the thing we all know. As long as it's playable and winnable for both sides AND it can get populated, I don't see why not. Getting it populated being the only tricky part.

Offline Infected [NotD] sOL

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 02:21:44 am »
totally love this idea, any rpg with zombies is a good idea
Infected sOL-Give me the power to fly!
L0CAL_H0ST-You always could,you just didn't know how

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:53:56 am »

Dead Island

BOOOM MOTHA FUCKAS BE DROPPIN BOMBS LIKE ITS HIROSHIMA!

Offline Ganryu

• Initiate
  • Not as serious as you'd think.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 02:26:04 pm »

Dead Island

It was good in theory, but poorly executed. ;D
Don't add me on Steam unless you message me here first and I happen to see your message. I don't accept random invites for a reason, and sending me an invite without prior notice will result in the invite being ignored. Repeated invites from the same user will result in being blocked.

Offline Princess

• Survivor
  • ~Goddess Tsundereia, Eternal Princess.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

Dead Island

It was good in theory, but poorly executed. ;D

then again deep silver didn't have jz so they couldn't help it

Offline |NotD| Dr.Nick

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 03:41:32 pm »
Good idea. My suggestions though is to make 2 separate credit systems though, 1 for human upgrades and one for zombie upgrades. No matter if your a human or zombie you get equal amount of credits for both classes since not everyone becomes a zombie so I can see the humans becoming more powerful than zombies rather quickly.

Offline Squirt

• Survivor
  • Squirting and Blackhawks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »
Im digging it. Possibly try to get some new and big maps for this?
<23:30:41> "Doc": I considered whipping it out
<21:42:01> "Doc": I'm petting my pussy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 01:52:38 am »
The real issue with this rpg idea is what you're planning on doing to humans. I think the zombie prospects are cool and all, hell, even just custom zombies would be a great way to draw in players.

However. The changes to humans threaten the balance of nearly 90% of the Zescape maps, which all have custom mechanics and triggers that alter the state of gameplay on their own. Pushing that aside, humans already stand a terrifyingly high chance of survival already, even without these buffs, though, Fire-nades and knockback are -required- for Zescape, and are pretty standard on any other server, else the Zombies would just cut through the humies like butter.

The balance of Zescape has been pushed to its limit already, and while I think the rpg is a nice theoretical proposition, in practice, it'll be something that will slam onto its face.

(Just posting this here so that I'm not considered a troll, but a concerned member who actually is willing to see issues with an idea and argue against it. We can't just have unanimous changes everywhere, it shows that we really don't care about what happens in the clan or community.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:54:26 am by |NotD| November Eleventh »

Offline Sikk

• Head Hunter
  • Me Gusta
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »
The real issue with this rpg idea is what you're planning on doing to humans. I think the zombie prospects are cool and all, hell, even just custom zombies would be a great way to draw in players.

However. The changes to humans threaten the balance of nearly 90% of the Zescape maps, which all have custom mechanics and triggers that alter the state of gameplay on their own. Pushing that aside, humans already stand a terrifyingly high chance of survival already, even without these buffs, though, Fire-nades and knockback are -required- for Zescape, and are pretty standard on any other server, else the Zombies would just cut through the humies like butter.

The balance of Zescape has been pushed to its limit already, and while I think the rpg is a nice theoretical proposition, in practice, it'll be something that will slam onto its face.

(Just posting this here so that I'm not considered a troll, but a concerned member who actually is willing to see issues with an idea and argue against it. We can't just have unanimous changes everywhere, it shows that we really don't care about what happens in the clan or community.)

Some good points but from what was mentioned on JZ's post the only thing that may be an issue is the gravity reduction and possibly knockback increase for humans. And it seems that there won't be unlimited clip so that makes humans a lot weaker already. I honestly would love to see a playable El Gigante lol. Not as a class on it's own but maybe have it pop out randomly on rounds.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:34:18 pm by |NotD| Sikk »

Offline Doc

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 10:49:20 pm »
Sooo... Zombiemod RPG? I'unno man, I feel like it'd be better to have just a plain server, no skills or upgrades (but keep the types of zombies, cause that sounds cool as shit).

Offline xero

• Survivor
  • Chaotic Evil of |NotD|
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:51 am »
Leave the humans alone and stick to custom zombies, we could make it a combined ZE ZM server by doing so, ATXHelicopter, a very regualr/over played map a smoker would be over powered, and given enough zombies most baraceds props and fireing squads can be over taken with teem,work, like by our BOTS in ZHell, Lila Panic, another overplayed and time tested map has the same features workings and tactics,.'

imo if anything, make humans have the ZHell CLASSIC class types , and just improve zombies, also "Infinite Ammo" is really only( 1000 clips without reload)<--tested--|

I've played, owned ,and ran many ZM ZE ZR ZWCS servers and even regulars of those server would agree.

as for a seperate cradit system, whats stopping people from leveling there zombie stupid high and just killing themselfs at the begining to chase others and ruin the game, if anything, make it so that staying alive as human longer gives you more creddits towards zombies and vice versa?