No News

Author Topic: EXP & 1st Weapon Upgrade for RPG servers  (Read 1263 times)

Offline |NotD| Hostile

• Global Moderator
  • Coroner
    • View Profile
EXP & 1st Weapon Upgrade for RPG servers
« on: July 14, 2015, 01:07:32 am »
Playing on the CSS RPG server today, I lost count of how many new players came in and spent a few minutes, complained about how hard it was to level up vs the higher level players getting all the kills then left.

When asked about the set up I explained the basics on when to expect certain low skills and weapons, SP & money.

So I was working out some ways to drop the first few levels down to make it a bit more appealing for players to stick it out. The Double Exp week-end was a nice touch, but a few players came in and asked if it was still going on, and I looked at the server name, and how slow my medic was gaining exp, and told them I thought it was just a week-end thing, and it might happen again. They were disappointed and immediately left.

As I recently restarted, I know how these people feel. My only advantage was I already knew what to expect for the grinding.

So my idea is cut the 1 - 5 levels exp requirement in half. So 1 - 2 would be 500, 2 - 3 at 1000, etc. The other part of this idea would be 2nd tier weapons should probably be cheaper. Able to buy a pistol at lvl 2 or a rifle at 3 just to help them out a bit.

Effects of these changes -
EXP & Weapons - As most of the new players are struggling for kills from the moment they enter the servers, The higher level players would in essence be carrying them (As if we don't already). But If they join the server on a fairly early day and stick thru the entire map, they should be able to hit lvl 5 by the end of the map. Along with getting a decent chunk of money by the end after upgrading to 2nd tier weapons. Then comes a decent jump for the 5 - 6 range of exp starting at 10k exp, and by level 10, the exp brackets should be back on track for what is already set up.

Skills - No changes

This should increase the early level playability for those players that are just dropping in to check it out. The ease at 1st should make them have a bit more fun, and hopefully have them come back more often as they see what is happening and after hitting lvl 5, have the desire  to continue the struggle to get better gear & skills, adding to the addiction of the server.

This should work well for both CSS & GO, with a few tweaks to even it out. But just a basic idea I had yesterday but fleshed out today watching players come and go. Hope this helps get some population back.

Offline Cannibal

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/yoloswaq
Re: EXP & 1st Weapon Upgrade for RPG servers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:47:56 pm »
bump

Offline |NotD| Dr.Nick

• Global Moderator
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:45:37 am »
There actually going to implement something like this in the new RPG CS:GO server. It will probably come to CS:S version after that.

Offline |NotD| C0d3.Drrk

• Infected
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:49 am »
Any changes to the csgo version will also be implemented in css (unless its a feature only a certain engine can run) and yes, we are thinking about having the first 5-7 levels a lot easier to level

Offline Tatsuo Yamaguchi

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-s897-e3OtNU/UZOTCR7kC1I/AAAAAAAAAMo/MBmRBaUgTr0/s1600/d14.png
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 01:49:19 am »
It would help keep people on the server when they first join for sure. Lvl up for first lvls is deffinitly one of the most off putting features on the server when you first join.  :D